Saturday 26 April 2008

lazy summer dreaming

swimming in a sea I can't even place on the map my blue shorts wet and slippery your arms slithering off my back and our legs floating in the water tangled like seaweed and beer bottles laced with tangy saltwater drops glistening shining floating off my body and the hairs on my arm rise quivering out of little mountains of goosepimples, "soon there'll be time to get by, after the swimming pool" and we climb out to see the sea isn't real and how our lives are just blobs of sunlight quivering and shivering and fading out of sight but not just for me and for you but everyone beyond and in between and we can't see it won't see it and on and on and on.

you don't know this but I am plagued by sharks I see circling around me brushing past my face and thighs and not seeing me floating past I want my presence validated but their flat noses can't smell me and I'm at the bottom making like a sponge (and sponging?)

then I tell you a secret about how I dream about your smooth dark skin and the glint of your teeth as you smile down at me and it's all just an anthem really
for a seventeen year old
but I still want you
to come to me
on the back
of a turtle
these




No comments: