Wednesday 5 November 2008

High Drama: or the 5th of No-verm-ber.

"Remember, remember
the 5th of November
the gunpowder treason and plot
I can think of no reason
why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot."

Don't think.
There is a solemn man on TV he has mad.e fat tears roll down my face, the packaging, c'est impeccable.

Now the grandiose shambles of my life: I have wrapped around me my treacherous gunpowder plot in a thin red shawl. This is the first shawl of the winter. This is going to be a cold winter.

we are last in line
for the cabaret
we drink red wine at the cabaret
we talk of treachery
and I watch
tongues roll to
the wobble of your head

your big head wobbles; I am sandwiched

I think of nightrides to a holiday house, a route I'd compulsively take to smell that delhi smell. I want to smell a here smell so I can tell you about it, then maybe you will think of here, a here with a me.

How we are to remember
the 5th of November
How to forget? How do we kill a soul watch it: soulfly
How do I think bitterly cold feet
mattress bitters, a bitter cold, a head split
into two bi-
polar two
a ramble two
to too to a river
to a song a quiver a thin sliver of light pierces my brow your lap dance was no good your smile has faded my ghostly brother you are not here your beard has grown are you sadder? taller? you do not talk as much. I think I see your eyes shine.

No comments: