Saturday 5 April 2008

weathering whethers of whether

We opened the door

to see water

gushing steaming rising
Our faces were sprayed
in a cold sparkly haze and the smell of the earth exploding in our nostrils shot into me,
my hair rises, rose
on end like
a 'flower unfurling inside' my cunt
insides contracted nipples hardened: and I stood under the shelter of your green roof and watched my head swimming flying borne into the brown sky

their voices echo from their ends of the world but we are tied together by this smell.


the peacocks

yesterday they were me and I was them
and someone watched me
dance and spin in my white shoes and we were wet
water trickling down our backs and we made up the words
to hide what we lacked and we kissed
in the car reaching frantically in the dark
over the gear box and in deserted houses but now I have forgotten how


before that they were killed by my dog as a wasp stung my ankle and we carried their bodies in the back of our car for three days


but today

today I am with you
and your dog.





No comments: